There is little question that many of my clients are facing a more challenging work environment than ever. The disturbing result is less energy, diminishing enthusiasm, and an overall reduction in engagement. Not how I would like any of my clients to feel about their job.
And I know from all the conversations I’ve been having over the last several months—not something you want for yourself!
Are you ready for eight mighty quick-hit-tips that have proven to be powerful turnaround factors?
- Trust And Keep Walking: Haven’t you ever had a time of darkness in your past? You know where you felt as though you were stuck forever in a black, sealed grave. Yet, after doggedly taking one-small-persistent-step-after-another, you burst into glorious sunlight. The lesson is that when destructive thoughts corrode your mind, you’re trusting more in emotions than your life’s history! Why ever would you want to do that? Haven’t you always made it out of the darkness? Nothing has changed.
- Tick-Tock…Tick-Tock…Tick-Tock: The pressure of time is bowing many. How do you combat the never-ending, ever-increasing due dates? Please don’t allow yourself to go into that ancient fight-flight-freeze mode, which has you automatically by-passing the thinking part of your brain right when you need it most! Instead, say to yourself: “I have more than enough time to complete everything I need to complete.” And repeat it until you feel the blood returning to the reasoning part of your brain. It’s mind-boggling how rapidly you revert into the calm, rational being you know you are.
- Weather The Storms: Everyone experiences highs and lows in life. How you respond is you developing character for the long haul. By permitting circumstances to determine how you feel, you’ll always be awash in the seas of uncertainty—often stuck and depleted way longer than you need to be in the unfortunate side of life rather than in the uplifting, joyous occasions.
- Recall Excellence: Negative bias is the inherent way the brain reacts to adverse incidents. We habitually retain and hold onto them with more rigor and longevity than the positives ones. Such a proclivity drains us unless we consciously combat it. When in the trenches struggling to get out, revitalizing memories of your wins will provide the indispensable boost that has you sailing through the tough challenges. Everyone experiences highs and lows in life. How you respond is you developing character for the long haul. By permitting circumstances to determine how you feel, you’ll always be awash in the seas of uncertainty—often stuck and depleted way longer than you need to be in the unfortunate side of life rather than in the uplifting, joyous occasions.
- Be Solution Driven: Putting your innovative brain in action is a sure-fire technique to move you from a stressful, sluggish state into a more proactive, fruitful one. It’s how humankind has overcome every doomsday, world-ending sensation we may believe we’ve fallen prey to. The power of the human mind is an incredible, unstoppable force, so tap into it!
- Expand Your Territory: The smaller you preserve your domain, the more you bump into fear with each step you take. You can only break out of your tiny, dejected sphere by being uncomfortable. Acquiring a “growth mindset” is a must as it is a decisive factor for a successful, galvanized perspective. So, start imagining bigger and braver adventures you can’t wait to initiate and intentionally explore new terrains as you conquer them through choice. And watch how fast you reboot your excitement genes.
- Think: I’m On My Way: In weakened spirits, say with animation: “Oh, I didn’t know this is what it was going to look like on the way to my future!” If you find yourself in those “less than stellar” situations, whether by accident or a wrong decision, remember, you’re always moving toward your future. Something new is emerging or being realized right at this moment. It’s up to you whether it is for your good or not. Get excited!
- Character Development: Who you become is determined by how you respond to the knee-buckling challenges confronting you. You gain wisdom through building your fall-down-and-get-back-up-muscles. The longer you remain a disheartened-don’t-bounce-back-sojourner, the less character, maturity, and toughness you build-up for the subsequent struggles you will tackle on your journey. All of which determines whether you consistently greet a sunny, productive day or a gloomy one.
These eight mighty quick-hit-tips will revitalize whether at home or work. How soon are you going to be taking them on for yourself? It rests in your hands.
Was the blog helpful?
I invite you to join our Thrive@Work MasterMind community of dynamic executive women and me. We meet monthly to share success insights and acquire business strategies that will elevate your career to new heights every single month.
Sign Up By July 16 and receive your first month FREE
Visit the thrivewithnancy,com/thrive to explore this offering.